TRIAL dates have been set for two separate prosecutions of companies building Hinkley Point C (HPC) nuclear power station where a man died and another was seriously injured.
The incidents happened in August and November, 2022, and contractors Laing O’Rourke Delivery Ltd and Bouygues Travaux Publics SAS are being prosecuted over both.
NNB Generation Company (HPC) Ltd is being prosecuted in relation only to the fatality.
Site supervisor Jason Waring, aged 48, from Nottingham, died in the November incident when he was crushed to death by moving machinery.
The three firms have previously entered not guilty pleas to alleged health and safety lapses said to have resulted in Mr Waring’s death.
Mr Waring worked for the contractors’ joint venture partner BYLOR, which is delivering the main civil engineering works at HPC.
The case reached Bristol Crown Court on Tuesday (February 17) when a trial was set for January 17, 2028, with the proceedings expected to last between four and six weeks.

A pre-trial review hearing was also held on Tuesday in Bristol Crown Court into the prosecution of Laing O’Rourke and Bouygues Travaux after a man employed by BYLOR as a slinger, Paul Dunne, suffered serious injuries in the August incident in a pre-fabrication yard when a wall of rebar mesh fell on him as he was working to remove it from a vertical jig to be transferred to another part of the site.
Two further charges were added to the indictment, bringing the total to four, all alleging health and safety failures and all of which were denied by the two companies.
A trial date was set for October 13 in Bristol Crown Court.
The decisions to begin legal proceedings followed an investigation by the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR).
An ONR spokesperson said: “No further comment can be made due to the live legal proceedings.”





Comments
This article has no comments yet. Be the first to leave a comment.