COUNCILLORS in Kilve have agreed not to increase their precept for the coming financial year, meaning that their share of the council tax will not go up.

Parish clerk Karen Scott said the authority had finalised it 2026-27 budget and precept and it ‘will remain the same as the current year, no increase’.

Ms Scott said: “The precept is the essential portion of your council tax that stays directly in Kilve to fund our local services and improvements.”

She said feedback on villagers’ priorities received through a recent residents’ survey had been used to shape the council’s spending plans.

Key projects on which the council would be focusing included:

• A39 road safety: Installing speed indicator devices (SIDs) remained a top priority to address traffic concerns with the council closely monitoring the Avon and Somerset Police road safety fund to submit a grant application as soon as the next funding window opened

• Permissive path maintenance: The council noted that the fencing and gates along the Kilve Court permissive path were in need of attention, and a portion of this year's budget had been specifically allocated for the necessary repairs to keep the walkways safe and attractive

• Better communication: The village noticeboards were looking a little the worse for wear, and councillors knew the board at Hilltop Lane could be difficult to access and were planning to replace them soon, including a new ‘free access’ side for community notices that will not require a key

Ms Scott said villagers could stay updated on the projects by checking the parish council’s website, where she posted meeting minutes, budget information, and community news.

She said: “Our next meeting will be held on Thursday, March 12, at 6 pm in Kilve Village Hall.

“Everybody is welcome to attend.”