Roadwater oven fire

By in Emergency Services

A FIRE inside a kitchen range in a house in Roadwater yesterday morning (Wednesday) was tackled by two fire crews.

The first crew, from Williton, was alerted after a fire alarm was activated in the house at 9.15am and was met by smoke heavy enough to warrant calling a second fire team, from Minehead.

Wearing breathing apparatus, they used a hose reel jet and a covering jet to extinguish the fire. A thermal image camera was used to check for hotspots. 

A positive pressure ventilation fan was also used to ventilate the property.  The fire was accidental and caused 50 per cent flame and smoke damage to the oven.