A SECOND fire engine was called from Minehead to take a gas detection monitor to a chimney fire in Carhampton on Saturday afternoon (February 2).
The first crew to arrived on the scene in Carhampton Road at 4pm found the fire to be well alight and got to work extinguishing it from the hearth.
The assistance of a second fire engine was requested to attend with a gas detection monitor and safety working at height equipment. .
The fire was successfully extinguished using a roof ladder and a hose reel jet from the roof as well as using chimney gear from the hearth.